Monday, November 7, 2011

A Heart Revealed


Author: Julie Lessman
Genre: Romance
Series: Winds of Change
Number in series: 2nd
My rating on a 1-10 scale: 8.5
Type: Fiction
Number of pages: Just over 500, I believe
Time period: Early 1900’s
Passage from book: Go here to read a synopsis!
My overall opinion: I really enjoyed this one! I liked A Hope Undaunted better, but this one was also beautifully written. A really fun story! I did have a few things that I disagreed with in it, the most notable being as follows: one character confesses a bunch of stuff towards the end, and is then blessed and absolved from guilt by a priest. The character was confessing to God, and also the other people in the room. I agree that telling the others about it was good. But I don’t believe that priests have the ability to absolve people from their guilt and sins. However, that only occurred on the one page in the book, and overall I had no problem with the theology. Also, I would recommend that only older readers read this, as there is quite a bit of “passion,” though nothing very explicit. However, it was good book, best read after you’re married.
Available September 2011 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

No comments: