Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Return to Zion


Author: Bodie Thoene
Genre: Life
Series: Zion Chronicles
Number in series: 3rd
My rating on a 1-10 scale: 9.5
Type: Historical fiction
Number of pages: 343
Time period: Around 1948
Main characters: David, Ellie, Moshe, Rachel, many others
Exciting events: Dangerous flight, dangerous life in Jerusalem, much more!
My overall opinion: This just might be my favorite book in the “Zion Chronicles” series (which is, incidentally, my favorite series by the Thoenes). Before reading these books, I never knew how dangerous Jerusalem was, even after World War II. It’s about the years that they struggled to become a true nation. What a story. To anyone who enjoys an awesome book full of adventure, non-fictional fiction (so to speak), some romance, and an amazing story…read this.

3 comments:

Naomi said...

(: Though I actually prefer "A daughter of Zion"!! (:

Naomi said...

oops!! I made a mistake with the titles this one is actually my favorite!! :)

Charity U said...

Ah. :) I love them all, but the 2nd and 3rd ones are definitely my favorites, I think. :)Yes, the titles are easy to confuse!